Applications can be made both from outside the UK and within the UK by switching the current visa (Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 5, Start-up migrant, Innovator) to Global Talent Visa. For this visa, applicants need to pay two separate fees for the 2 stages of this process:
- Stage 1 – endorsement: All main applicants must pay the £456 fee to get an endorsement when applying for the first time or switching to this visa category (without any imbursement of the endorsement fee).
Applications will be reviewed by an organisation that’s related to the applicants’ qualifying field, called an ‘endorsing body’.
The endorsing bodies are:
- The Royal Society, for science and medicine
- The Royal Academy of Engineering, for engineering
- The British Academy, for humanities
- Tech Nation, for digital technology
- Arts Council England, for arts and culture
- UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), for research applicants
If your qualifying field is fashion, architecture or film and television, Arts Council England will pass on your application for review to:
- British Fashion Council, for fashion
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), for architecture
- Producers Alliance for Cinema and Television (PACT), for film and television
- Stage 2- visa application: Applicants need to pay £152 for the visa application. For the ones applying from Turkey or Macedonia, this fee is decided as £97.
What You Can Do With Global Talent Visa
Applicants can apply this visa to stay for between 1 and 5 years. They can apply to extend their visa as many times as they like, and each extension can last from 1 to 5 years. Moreover, the applicants can apply for settlement once they have been in the UK for 3 years.
- work - for an employer, as a director of a company or be self-employed
- change jobs without telling the Home Office
- do voluntary work
- travel abroad and return to the UK
- bring family members with you
- get public funds
- work as a doctor or dentist in training
- work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach
The applicants can bring their partners, children under 18 and children over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as a dependant. For each dependant, the applicants need to pay £608.