Requirements for Application:
- Both spouses/partners must be 18 years old or over
- The couple must intend to live together as a spouse in the UK;
- You are in a civil partnership or marriage which is recognized in the UK
- You have been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years
- You are a fiancé, fiancée, or proposed civil partner and within 6 months of your arrival you will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK
- They must have met. (Their marriage must be through official ceremony. They must also prove their time living together)
- Both individuals must prove that they have sufficient knowledge of English language (CEFR Level A1) – after 2.5 years you need to take CEFR A2 level to stay in the UK
- The couple must have a sufficient economic strength without applying public funds
- You need to have a combined income of at least £18,600 a year if you want to settle in the UK (ILR) within 5 years
- If you have child/children; you need to earn an extra £3,800 for your first child and £2,400 for each child other than first child
- A rented or purchased house where the couple can live comfortably – and with their child/children
If You Are Applying with Your Child/Children
You can apply with your child/children if;
- They are under 18 at the application date or were 18 when they were first granted
- They do not live an independent life
After the Application
You can stay in the for 2 years and 9 months with the spouse/partner visa. If you are applying as a fiancé, fiancée, or proposed civil partner, you can stay 6 months. After these periods, you will need to extend your visa.
You must apply online for spouse/partner visa from both inside or outside of the UK.
You can contact us for all the questions you have about Spouse / Partner visa and you can benefit from our visa consultancy services for you and your family members. As the Lex Legal family, we will be with our clients at every point they need, and we will continue to strive to answer our clients' questions and ensure their satisfaction.