The United Kingdom Spouse Visa is a type of visa that allows a person who is living in the United Kingdom or is a British citizen to bring their foreign spouse or partner to live and work with them in the UK. The Spouse Visa is designed for couples who intend to reunite or live together in the UK.
Who Can Apply?
Both you and your partner can apply for the United Kingdom Spouse Visa if you meet the following conditions:
- You and your partner are both over the age of 18.
- Your partner is a British or Irish citizen, has settled status in the UK, is an EU, Swiss, Norwegian, Icelandic, or Liechtenstein citizen who started living in the UK before January 1, 2021, holds a Turkish Businessperson visa, holds a Turkish Worker visa, or has refugee status.
- If you have children, they can be included in your application if they are under the age of 18 at the time of application or if they are under 18 when the visa is granted and still dependent on you.
What Are the Application Requirements for a Spouse Visa?
To apply for a Spouse Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be in a relationship recognized by the UK.
- Have lived together for at least 2 years prior to the application date.
- You are a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner and will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving
- Demonstrate that you have the required level of English proficiency for a Spouse Visa.
- Be able to financially support yourself and any dependents.
Additionally, you can apply for a Spouse Visa in the following situations, even if you do not meet the conditions mentioned above:
- If you have a child who is a British or Irish citizen or has lived in the UK for 7 years and it would be unreasonable for them to leave the UK.
- There would be very significant difficulties for you and your partner that could not be overcome if you lived together as a couple outside the UK.
- It would breach your human rights to stop you coming to the UK or make you leave
The application process for a United Kingdom Spouse Visa involves filling out various forms and providing necessary documents. If you need more detailed information about the United Kingdom Spouse Visa or if you require an assessment of your specific situation, you can contact us.